Thursday 9 August 2012

Cell Phones


I love the idea of using phones more in class. Polleverywhere.com can be a fun hook at the beginning of the lesson and I wished that more students could be encouraged to bring their phones to class so that I cold have used it during my practicum. I like the idea of teaching students about consideration and respect rather than banning the devices all together. The one thing that I do not like about cellphones in school is when students bring them into classes like drama. Although I love phones I don’t allow them in the drama studio because they tend to get stepped on or use inappropriately. I have never asked students to use phones in that class and I think that, unless I ask them to bring them beforehand, they should understand that leaving your phones in you locker is a basic rule of a drama classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment